Re: [avr-gcc-list] winavr for win 7 32/64bit

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] winavr for win 7 32/64bit
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 06:48:50 -0700

Hi Rick,

I don't know of anyone else talking about the problem.

In the WinAVR installation root directory is the WinAVR user manual.
Open that up, and in one of the sections I describe the exact list of
registry keys that are added / modified.

The PATH definitely needs to be updated, because that is what AVR Studio
4 uses to find where avr-gcc.exe is located.

The user manual shows exactly what directories are added to the PATH. My
guess is that if you can add those manually, it will probably fix your
situation.

Thanks,
Eric Weddington

[mailto:avr-
> address@hidden On Behalf Of
Rick
> Drolet
> Sent: Monday, March 05, 2012 1:46 PM
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: [avr-gcc-list] winavr for win 7 32/64bit
>
> All,
>
> I am trying to set up a new Win 7/64 machine with Atmel Studio 4.18
and
> WinAVR-200110 using Admin installation.
>
> During the install I see a message Could not find DllRegisterServer
but
> install completes and the command line 'avr-gcc --version' indicates
success.
> When loading Studio 4 the messages: gcc plug-in: No AVR Toolchain
installation
> found and Loaded plugin AVR GCC are displayed.
>
> Looking at the Registry I find that none of the WinAVR keys are
present:

> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Free Software Foundation\WinAVR-{VERSION}\
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WinAVR
>

> and the path has not been not been updated. Also the file
DllRegisterServer