Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to use pgmspace.h in a library source without war

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to use pgmspace.h in a library source without warning?
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 22:58:16 +0000

Pedantically, yes. That's what I was referring to.

> I don't think that things should get more complicated and more resource
> gulping -- in the contrary: things should get easier to grasp and to
> handle and to understand.

In a way, lib/device would actually be simpler then lib/arch. When a user
compiles a program, they compile it for a specific device, not an architecture.
Then the library for the architecture gets linked in.

The only thing that I see that gets complicated is transitioning from one style
to the other, and then the increase in compilation. Again, I see it being
offset by being able to build on newer, faster computers and by building in
parallel. Will it be completely offset? No, of course not. But then we can
really design libraries to be specific to devices and get rid of some of the
kludges and compromises that are in there in building it per arch.

Eric