Re: [avr-gcc-list] clarification on gcc

From: Eric Pasquier
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] clarification on gcc
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 14:06:33 +0200

I would like to take the opportunity to ask another question.

I wanted to use GCC to recompile the NET MicroFramework (for the Netduino).
I have been told that GCC produce an image too large to fit on it, and that
people usually use ARM RVDS tool chain.

I have been using GCC for a long time and did not see big trouble in code
size generation.
Does anybody know if there is a difference with a commercial product ?

(May be the fact that GCC is a cross-compiler and ARM RVDS a dedicated chain
for ARM ?)

Eric.