Re: [avr-gcc-list] problems with debugging, wrong output in assembler wi

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] problems with debugging, wrong output in assembler window from ddd
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 23:43:24 +1000

On 25.06.13 15:28, Klaus Rudolph wrote:
> if I set pc to the first jump address (0x1a)
>
> set $pc=0x1a
> the output is as follows:
>   0x0080001a:  std     Y+50, r10       ; 0x32
>   0x0080001c:  muls    r21, r31
>   0x0080001e:  std     Y+50, r10       ; 0x32
>   0x00800020:  nop
>
> Why I got an address in ram space?

Hopefully I'm not missing something¹, but the only "address" I can see
is the displacement of 0x32 (decimal 50). You'll have to place a
breakpoint, and read the register to see where the std would end up.
(Sorry, it's so long since I used simulavr, that I don't remember all
that it can do, but that much must be there.)

Have you been away from avr for a spell, Klaus? ;-)

Erik

¹ It's nearly midnight here, so that's quite possible.

--
Wizards had always known that the act of observation changed the thing that
was observed, and sometimes forgot that it also changed the observer too.