[avr-libc-dev] testsuite

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] testsuite
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 09:15:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

:) As Theodore A. Roth wrote:
:)
:) > One thing I'd like to see happen is the moving of macros common to
:) > all devices into <avr/io.h> instead of duplicating them in all the
:) > <avr/ioXXX.h> files. This would make adding new devices a little
:) > less tedious I think. I started to do this back before the savannah
:) > repo was up, but the patch got way to big and ugly. If we do this,
:) > I'd really like to see lots of small, easily reviewable patches than
:) > one big honking patch.
:)
:) We probably need a testsuite that tests each MCU device's features, at
:) least for the current devices.
:)
:) Any takers for this?

I've been thinking about this, but haven't taken any action on it. In
general, I think it's would be a good thing to have.

This biggest hurdle I see is figuring out how to run the code under test.
My simulator is not quite up to handling all the features of a device.

Ted Roth