[avr-libc-dev] interrupts on Mega8

From: Lorne Gutz
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] interrupts on Mega8
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:40:48 -0500

Hi

     I have code that runs fine on AT90LS4433.    Last
September I managed to get this code working on a
Mega8 after I changed the startup file.   This was with
gcc 3.0.3 the latest released version of binutils and
avr-libc at the time.

       In December I updated my gcc to 3.2.1
used binutils-2.13
and avr-libc-20020203 I think but not sure, as
I also have avr-libc-20020630 downloaded but
don't know which is being used of how to tell.

       Now the AT90LS4433 is at end of life and
I have to get the Mega8 going.
     I've changed the CPU name in the make file.
Changed the initialization to account for the
register changes.
     I've even checked the .s files to make sure
that the SEI command is being run.

     The code appears to run fine but interrupts
never seem to happen.   I've checked and the
code never jumps into the interrrupt routine.

     Maybe gcc 3.3 would fix this but I don't think
I should use it until it is released.  This is used
to compile a commercial product and the customer
wants to know version numbers and such.

  Questions:
1.   does anyone know when gcc3.3 will
be released??