Re: [avr-libc-dev] interrupts on Mega8

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] interrupts on Mega8
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 15:58:02 +0100

As Lorne Gutz wrote:

>      Maybe gcc 3.3 would fix this but I don't think
> I should use it until it is released.  This is used
> to compile a commercial product and the customer
> wants to know version numbers and such.

gcc 3.3 is quite stable now, it's a release candidate.

>   Questions:
> 1.   does anyone know when gcc3.3 will
> be released??

You must ask the GNU folks.  It should have been released quite some
time ago, but it seems they are still fixing bugs on other targets.
As far as i know, the AVR target has not seen any changes lately.

> 2.  should I be using avr-libc-20020630
> with gcc 3.2.1??

No.  Recent avr-libc explicitly requires gcc 3.3.  (Early CVS versions
of the gcc 3.2 branch actually work, too, since they only renamed that
to 3.3 later on.  Any of the 3.2.x releases won't work.)

> Any gems of wisdom would be greatly
> apprecated.

Use a current 3.3 compiler, as well as a current avr-libc snapshot.  If
you don't trust the environment, keep local copies of the source so you
can reproduce it later.