Re: [avr-libc-dev] code bits

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] code bits
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 21:12:35 +0200

As address@hidden wrote:

> we have ported some crypto related code to AVR (atmega128) that
> might be interesting for others, possibly to include in libc or make
> libcrypto.  There is mpi - arbitrary precision library and various
> ciphers (AES, XTea, Twofish). For now it is part of sign application
> (open source) for Turbo Adapter (see www.bladox.com). Any interest?

An arbitrary precision lib might be useful to some people.

I'm somewhat reluctant about including crypto code, because there are
still some countries (like France) with strong limitations about
cryptographic software.  Thus, it requires extending the build/
Makefile etc. infrastructure so the ``forbidden'' bits could be built
and distributed completely separated from the standard avr-libc.
Political nonsense. :-((

> Further we have modified binutils to make relocatable binaries.

Sounds interesting.  If you want to contribute that, you need to
transfer the copyright to the GNU folks though (which is quite a bit
of paperwork).  I hope you'd also contribute the documentation. ;-)
(If you cannot usefully contribute that as part of the GNU docs, feel
free to submit it as part of the avr-libc docs.)

Dekuju pekne!