RE: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] New eeprom.h

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] New eeprom.h
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:48:44 -0700

Point.

Personally, I've just never been fond of the idea of putting function
definitions in header files.

> > - The inline portion wouldn't work because we now have
> object code, and
> > the linking stage (AFAIK) doesn't do inlining.
>
> It does not *yet* do inlining in this way.

But I have to deal with today, not the future.

> Is a multi-lib avrlibc something that is being considered?  I can see
> that there would be definite advantages, but I can also see
> it being a
> lot more work.

We have a task in the project Task List for it, but as you said, it's a
lot more work and no one has had the time or inclination to tackle it.

Eric W.