[avr-libc-dev] RE: [avr-gcc-list] no avr/lib/avr25/attiny13a/Makefile.in

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] RE: [avr-gcc-list] no avr/lib/avr25/attiny13a/Makefile.in
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:21:50 -0700

Hmm.

First off, I'm moving this thread to the avr-libc-dev list where it is more
appropriate.

Second, see an alternative patch that is attached. This is against the 1.6
branch.

It's only had minimal testing. But it avoids the complicated sed magic, and
string comparison, by instead doing arithmetic expansion on the major and minor
parts of the version string and then doing arithmetic comparisons. That way we
can check if the major parts are equal and the minor part of the revision is
less than some specific value, then abort because the version does not meet the
minimal requirement.

Thoughts?

Joerg, how well would this work on FreeBSD? These changes are only bash-isms
AFAIK, but you know more about unix compatibility issues.

Eric Weddington