Re: [avrdude-dev] Timing under Win2k / stk200

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Timing under Win2k / stk200
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:09:47 +0200

On Thursday 17 July 2003 08:25, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> because of problems with my avr910 serial programmer I went back to
> my stk200 programmer. Yesterday everything worked fine: I'm doing a
> small project with an atmega32.
>
> Today I booted my PC and tried to download a new image to my
> mega32. I tried it several times. Every time I got different verify
> errors, starting at location 0 in the flash.
>
> The last small project I did was with an at90s8535. I had no
> problems with this part.

IMHO the SPI timing is too fast to programm the ATmega32.

Most likely your mega32 runs on the internal oscillator at 1MHz, while
your AT90S8535 runs with an external oscillator at some higher
frequency. The maximum speed of the programming interface is
dependent on the target's clock speed.

 Jan-Hinnerk