RE: [avrdude-dev] Verify errors,

From: Rune Christensen
Subject: RE: [avrdude-dev] Verify errors,
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:37:17 +0200

Win 95/98 don't have security levels as Win NT/XP.

In Win 95/98 user programs have free access to the hardware.
In Win NT/XP only kernel/system have access to the hardware.

GiveIO gives user programs free access to the hardware.
It removes the security by changing the access rights to the
hardware so the user programs have direct in/out access.

I have found this link
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/parallel/hh
/parallel/vspd_8y3r.asp
about allocate and free a parallelport under Windows.

Best Regards
Rune Christensen

Message: 1