RE: [avrdude-dev] winxp lpt device autodetect

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: RE: [avrdude-dev] winxp lpt device autodetect
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:20:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Alex Shepherd wrote:

:)Hi Brian/Eric.
:)
:)> > Alex, if you have the time and inclination, a patch to the
:)> > source would be most helpful to have! It would make
:)> > incorporating the changes that much easier. TIA.
:)
:)Please give me a few clues how I would go about doing this. I believe this
:)is done using "diff" utility and you select the context diff option with
:)maybe 4 lines of context. Bear in mind that I an starting from the source
:)code tar file and not CVS so I guess I need to unzip the file again to
:)another directory and diff the two directories. Is this what you want?

  $ diff -urN avrdude-old avrdude-new > foo.diff

You can and should change foo to something a little descriptive.

The u option takes care of context.

Ted Roth