[avrdude-dev] Avrdude MINGW/Win32 port

From: Stephan Eisvogel
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude MINGW/Win32 port
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 02:38:21 +0200

Hi list,

I  tried  to  compile  the latest avrdude from CVS yesterday using the
MINGW/MSYS  system. After some hassles to get TeX running (I couldn't)
I  finally  realized  that  the  windows  version is no "real" windows
version  but  uses  Cygwin  and  the GiveIO hack to access the LPT/COM
ports.

So...  question:  Is  there an effort to port this to the native Win32
API  instead  of  relying on Cygwin? Or is everybody content with that
and  Ponyprog2000  -which  now  has  gained  scripting  support- as an
alternative?

Best regards,
Stephan