Re: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude MINGW/Win32 port

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude MINGW/Win32 port
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:16:46 GMT

wrote:
> > As to the "giveio hack", if you know of a better
> > alternative that's open source, I'd love to hear it.
>
> I don't, except using native Win32 calls.

As I understand it, the issue is controlling the parallel
port pins in a "non-standard" way, i.e. not using it as a
parallel port. AFAIK, there aren't any native Win32 calls
that can do this.

> > Are you volunteering to help move it to MinGW?
>
> That would have to wait for my schedule to empty around
December. :-o

No problem. We'll still be here. :)

> Just thought I'd ask around, hoping for that secret fix-
it-all patch
> sitting on someone's disk already ;).

Not yet. :) The big thing is to move the serial port access
code to Win32 calls. I've done a little bit of this, but
it's incomplete and very untested. Then checking that the
needed libraries are available on MinGW. After that, in
theory, it should build for MinGW.

Eric