Re: [avrdude-dev] Fix warnings patch

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Fix warnings patch
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:51:33 +0200

As E. Weddington wrote:

> > tested it.  (Eric, if you insist on me testing it before
> you're going
> > to commit that, let me know.)
>
> Hrm. The logic is essentially the same in the code, but no,
> I haven't tested it out.

OK, go ahead and commit it.  I'll probably be able to test it by the
weekend.  Anyone else with an STK500, just give that a try.  The
STK500 parameters are easy to adjust from terminal mode, and it should
suffice to verify the result by re-reading the modified parameters
from the STK.

Obtw., do not reduce the clock rate too much, and then quit out of
terminal mode before setting it back to a reasonably high value.  When
starting up, avrdude attempts to activate programming mode, but that
fails if the clock is too low, so you can't enter terminal mode again
unless using a -F option.