Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude release?

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude release?
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:24:36 -0400

CVS checkout on Jun/28/2004 worked.  See this thread:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/avrdude-dev/2004-06/msg00052.html
For starters how do I get ppiwin.c-Jun/28 from CVS?

So the last change before mine was on June 24th by Alex. I'd say try
reverting my patch ('patch -p0 -r < foo.diff') and see it the problem
goes away.

That should be a "-R" I assume?

It did not go away. Sometimes the first or the last byte of the signature would
be correct, never the middle byte.

As a shot in the dark I put in:

us = (unsigned long) (us * 256);

at the start of usleep() in ppiwin.c.  Now the signature always reads
the wrong 0x000102, which is what you get if the part is locked (it is not locked). Smaller values gave more random results, but less random than not putting in something.

Although, looking over my change diffs just now, I don't see how I could
have broken it since I only changed debugging code that was #if'd out.

That took out a long that was being put on the stack which would change the timing,
but if it is that touchy it needs more serious help.

Anyone have suggestions?