Re: [avrdude-dev] ATMega168 support

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] ATMega168 support
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 13:52:51 +0200

As Charl Roux wrote:

> Can anybody give me some guidelines on updating the conf file to
> support ATMega168. I have looked at the file, but I am battling to
> find all the values in the datasheet.

You should be able to clone the ATmega88 entry, as both are very
similar.  Look under "Memory programming" in the datasheet, that's
where you can see the page sizes etc.  Note that the memory
programming commands need one more bit in the '168, so you have to
modify them.  Again, avrdude.conf features the exact same syntax as is
used (under "Serial downloading instructions") in the datasheet.

As for the STK500 device codes, they can be obtained from Atmel's
XML files.  There are probably no AVR910 device codes available for
these new devices.

The STK500 device code for the ATmega168 is 0x86.