Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch #4338] Patch #4327 obsolete, fix for bugs #1369

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch #4338] Patch #4327 obsolete, fix for bugs #13693, #13871, #14212
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 23:47:46 -0400

Hi Bernard,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 11:56:09AM +0000, anonymous wrote:

> This patch allows stk500v2.c to be at fully operational.

I committed this patch, but it introduced another problem - inability
to do single-byte eeprom reads, i.e., from terminal mode.

The correct fix was to not change the read/write opcodes for the
eeprom memory to read_lo/write_lo which are for word addressable
memory like flash, but instead to check the memory type being accessed
from within the programmer and set the needed opcode accordingly.

I've tested both read/write of both flash and eeprom on both stk500
and stk500v2, both batch and terminal mode for the ATmega128
processor.  So far so good, but if others don't mind some additional
testing would be much appreciated.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean