Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch #4338] Patch #4327 obsolete, fix for bugs #1369

From: Bernard Fouché
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch #4338] Patch #4327 obsolete, fix for bugs #13693, #13871, #14212
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:44:29 +0200

Brian Dean wrote:

I committed this patch, but it introduced another problem - inability
to do single-byte eeprom reads, i.e., from terminal mode.
I'm deeply sorry!! I never use terminal mode! Also I was unaware of the differences between the different tokens, that's why I wrote a few times that it was up to some avrdude guru to decide if I made the correct choices. What about having a few regression test for each ISP with
a particular target?

I've tested both read/write of both flash and eeprom on both stk500
and stk500v2, both batch and terminal mode for the ATmega128
processor.  So far so good, but if others don't mind some additional
testing would be much appreciated.

-Brian
I'll fetch the your latest version from CVS to test it here (on atmega64 mostly). However since I'm still unable to build './configure' from autoconf on Linux FC_3, so I hope that taking stk500v2.c and using it on the 'old' source snapshot you once made from avrdude-5.0-beta will work..

Bernard