Re: [avrdude-dev] Mega163 problem

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Mega163 problem
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 00:27:31 +0100

As Egbert Jan wrote:

> There is essential info missing in the #PREFIX/etc/avrdude.conf
> file!

I noticed that as soon as I saw your AVR Studio trace.  But sorry,
I've been away for the rest of the evening, so I could not reply.

Obviously, some parts of avrdude.conf are missing, yes.  The ATmega163
is pretty old, and almost unused now (it has been replaced by the
ATmega16 several years ago), so that apparently nobody ever noticed
the STK500v2 parameters are missing for that device.

Please open a bug report for this.  Certain other parameters appear to
be wrong or missing as well (the flash mode ought to be 0x21 but is
written as 0x41, the eeprom mode parameters are missing).

For the time being, it appears to me the ATmega16 values for that part
are the same as for the ATmega163.