[avrdude-dev] Resignation (was: Please welcome Thomas Fischl on board!)

From: Michael Holzt
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Resignation (was: Please welcome Thomas Fischl on board!)
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 13:33:26 +0100

> Thomas agreed to join us specifically to maintain the AVRDUDE side of
> his USBasp programmer.  We wish him good luck with that!

This reminds me of something i really need to do and should have done
much earlier.

Some might remember that i contributed code for serial port programmers
and formed the initial "bitbang" infrastructure from existing code. I
was then asked to become a member of the avrdude dev team, which i did
agree with. Besides maintaining the bitbang code, i also planned to add
and maintain the USBasp code. Thomas was even so nice to supply me with
an old prototype of USBasp for free.

Many things in my life changed after that, my work focus shifted and i
haven't even used a microcontroller for about a year. I'm still interested
in the topic, but i strongly feel that i should not be a part of the
avrdude developer team while on the same time not working on the topic and
not contributing anything. I feel that i've taken up too many obligations
in the past years which i only fullfill halfhearted at best and i feel a
need to cleanup.

So please remove me from the avrdude dev team. When i would like to make
a contribution in the future, i can send a patch as everyone else. And
my best wishes to Thomas, i hope he does a good job maintaining USBasp.
Thomas, i hope you don't feel that i just wanted to get a free programmer,
which wasn't the case.

Regards
Michael

--
      It's an insane world, but i'm proud to be a part of it. -- Bill Hicks