[avrdude-dev] [bug #18803] Fuse reading regression in avrdude 5.3.1 with

From: Colin O Flynn
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #18803] Fuse reading regression in avrdude 5.3.1 with avr910 programmer
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 23:09:22 +0000

Update of bug #18803 (project avrdude):

Follow-up Comment #8:

I made some changes to the safemode code in CVS. It doesn't fail out when
prompted with a programmer that doesn't support fuse writing.

I misunderstood what a return code of 'operation not supported' meant, and
for some reason thought it meant the operation failed.

When safemode sees this happen, it just silently turns itself off. It makes a
lot more sense this way. And by "more sense" I mean the old way of doing it
made zero sense... except in my mind at the time apparently ;-)

Also if you put a little verbose (-v) safemode will let you know it's turning
itself off. If you put a lot (-vvvv) it will let you know the value of each
fuse it tries to read. So future problems should be easier to see.

Could you let me know if this does the trick?

Thanks,

 -Colin

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?18803>

  Message sent via/by Savannah