Re: [avrdude-dev] Intel Mac and AVR Dragon

From: Evan Broder
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Intel Mac and AVR Dragon
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 00:02:45 -0400

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> I must admit I don't have the faintest idea how the USB communication
> would work under MacOS X.  I can decode that trace on my FreeBSD
> system, but I cannot see the slightest touch of USB communication in
> there.  It somehow opens libusb, mmap()s a bit of stuff, and then all
> of a sudden comes to the conclusion it found an AVRDRAGON with serial
> number 00A200002CCB.  Either that, or my FreeBSD cannot decode parts
> of the file (OS X additions to the ktrace format?).
<snip>
Ok...this is way out of my league of knowledge, but it does look like
like the OS X version of kdump gives a lot more information - I piped
the output into http://web/broder/Public/avrdude-kdump.out
> Run as root for a quick test?

No difference - exact same behavior. I went ahead and ktraced that too -
http://web.mit.edu/broder/Public/avrdude-root-ktrace.out and
http://web.mit.edu/broder/Public/avrdude-root-kdump.out

They were very similar, but not identical - I made a diff file at
http://web.mit.edu/broder/Public/kdump-diff. The differences all seem to
be memory locations, but like I said, I only have a vague idea of what
I'm looking at.

- Evan