[avrdude-dev] [bug #20558] Long address problem

From: Robert Kuczaj
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #20558] Long address problem
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 22:58:31 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name: Robert Kuczaj
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

One of forum users announced a bug in both avrdude and usbasp firmware. With
my help we have fixed avrdude and firmware of usbasp. They both are
compatible with unfixed versions. The bug was that neither avrdude nor
firmware coudn't send address for flash longer than 16bits so it was
imposible to load program for example to AtMega128 larger than 64KB.
We also have checked if there is no problem with functionality of the
software.

The patch file is in attachement

File Attachments:

Date: Sunday 07/22/2007 at 22:58  Name: avrdude-fix-usbasp-longaddress.diff