Re: [avrdude-dev] new atmega168 device signature?

From: Jason Pepas
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] new atmega168 device signature?
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 15:02:29 -0600

On 11/2/07, Jason Pepas <address@hidden> wrote:
> I tried it about 4 times over the course of half an hour last night.
> I'll run it again a few times just to double check.
>
> My programmer is a little bit hackish (I bought the spoke pov parallel
> port interface before I realized there was a 10 pin and 6 pin ICSP
> standard for the avr's, so I used some hookup wire to translate from
> one to the other.  it took me a couple of times to get it working),
> but it would seem odd that the same bit is off each time.

I tried it again, this time to the boarduino as well as to an atmel
"butterfly" demo board.  The boarduino consistently shows up as
0x1e9407, whereas the butterfly (correctly) shows up as 0x1e9406.
However, the boarduino works correctly when I tell avrdude to ignore
the device signature discrepancy.

was my avr manufactured with a single incorrect bit?  perhaps i have a
collector's item on my hands...

-jason