RE: [avrdude-dev] avrdude GUI with Fuse Calculator

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avrdude-dev] avrdude GUI with Fuse Calculator
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:48:32 -0700

Hi Andreas,

I also second Joerg's comment about integrating a GUI into avrdude
itself. This way is generally preferred.

> My question is now if some facts of the case from 2005 has changed or
> where we could get the fuse bit information NOT reading all the
> datasheets individually. Or is it legal to write a xml converter tool
> which extracts only the fuse settings?

No, the situation has not changed. The XML files cannot be
redistributed.

Note that a new API has been added to avr-libc that allows the user to
set the fuses within an application, and these values will go into a
separate section within the resulting ELF file. To do this, fuse data is
being added to each IO header file in avr-libc.

Eric Weddington