Re: [avrdude-dev] GUI using Lib

From: Pink Boy
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] GUI using Lib
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 18:44:49 -0800 (PST)

Bob Paddock sez,

> not sure why we would need a DLL as someone mentioned?

I was thinking that a dynamically linked library might be
better in that it's already compiled and hopefully works
and that under winders and linux there are standard ways
to interface with then using most languages.

Meaning if the avrdude library is written in C++ and I'm
using Java I should be able to just use the dll directly
without recompiling it.

> I'm at bit of loss as to why avrdude would be needed as
> plugin to AVRStudio? Anytime I've wanted to use avrdude
> it was because I did not want to, or could not, install
> Studio.  I've found Studio Programmer section better at
> debugging chip programmings problems than using avrdude.

I've pretty much found AVRStudio to work well for programming
and debugging.  No real problem there.

Matt