[avrdude-dev] New programmer - AVRootloader

From: Sascha Warner
Subject: [avrdude-dev] New programmer - AVRootloader
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 13:43:52 +0100

Hi,

i am currently implementing a programmer for Hagen Reddmanns AVRootloader (http://www.mikrocontroller.net/topic/95839#1195903).

This patch is meant as a RFC. Please tell me what there is still to improve.

I added "sram" to avrdude.conf so i can use big buffers (improves speed very well, you don't want to miss this).

I also added a select function to the serial core, so the initial search for the programmer is not only done with one message, but as long as the final timeout is not over, using many messages. I don't know if this is acceptable. I added select only to the unix part as I don't know how to handle windows.

Attached patch is against v5.10.

Kind regards,

Sascha Warner