Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude and usbasp

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude and usbasp
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 08:20:25 +0100

As Artur J wrote:

> With Christian Moll's help I altered usbasp.c to not require
> expected text strings as long as VID and PID match. There may be a
> good reason why your original code expects those to match, but if
> you incorporate my change into your code, you'll probably make many
> owners of XWOpen boards happy.

Please try to contact the author of USBasp, Thomas Fischl, about this.
The AVRDUDE code for USBasp is mostly his, and basically, he's still
in charge of maintaining that code inside the AVRDUDE tree.

Besides, patches are better filed to a patch tracker.  Sending them
to mailing lists has a tendency that they might be forgotten by the
time of the next release.