[avrdude-dev] Status of ATmega164A support?

From: Windell H. Oskay
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Status of ATmega164A support?
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 16:55:15 -0800

I have ATmega164A devices that I'd like to program.

According to the online manual (and I'm not sure if this one is up to date or
not), both the ATmega164 and ATmega164P are supported, as
m164 and m164p, respectively:
http://www.nongnu.org/avrdude/user-manual/avrdude_4.html#Option-Descriptions

Typically for "A" devices, we use the "A-less" partno, which would suggest that
we'd pick the "m164" for our partno.  But from what I can tell, there isn't
actually any support for the m164 (or m164a) in avrdude, even at SVN.

Am I missing this somewhere, or should I just go ahead and edit avrdude.conf?

Thanks!
-Windell