Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude programing

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude programing
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 02:54:55 +0000

Hi Charles,

Avrdude uses a configuration file that contains information about the
programmers and devices that can interface with. This configuration file is a
text-based file and on Windows can be found in the same directory as the
executable. The file name is "avrdude.conf". The idea is that you can add
support for new devices (and/or programmers) without having to recompile the
avrdude program.

You can use a text editor to add support for new devices within avrdude.conf.
Typically you can start off with a similar device that is already in
avrdude.conf.

Perhaps others on this mailing list can go into greater detail on how to add
new device support better than I can.

Eric Weddington