[avrdude-dev] Patch for usbasp

From: Kostya V. Ivanov
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Patch for usbasp
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 17:19:19 +0400

Hi everybody!

Here I add patch for usbasp programmer that (I think) will save a lot ot time
when programming bootloaders...

In normal version while programming bootloaders (even if size of it is only 1-2
kB) avrdude writes the whole memory of the device. This takes a lot of time...
This patch adds detection of start address of memory region that is to be
programmed (where it is possible by file format) and start writing/verifying
only from that address...

I think that it will be easy to add this behavior to other programmers... But I
have no time to do this...

--
With Best,
        Kostya V. Ivanov <address@hidden>