Re: [avrdude-dev] Windows building advice

From: Enoch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Windows building advice
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 16:29:39 -0400

Joerg Wunsch <address@hidden> writes:

> As Weddington, Eric wrote:
>
>> I thought that there were switches to "ar" that can be used to have
>> it automatically run ranlib and/or generate an index without having
>> to run ranlib again...
>
> Probably, but even then, I'm afraid, the correct ar has to be used
> (the one for the target rather than the host's one).
>
> Using the autoconf trickery Rene told me, I got it to do just this:
> use both, ar and ranlib, for the target system.

I can confirm that using MXE too <http://mxe.cc/> avrdude builds after
correcting Makefile's wrong "AR = :" with "AR = i686-pc-mingw32-ar".

My next problem is replacing the need for an external libusb0.dll with
MXE's provided (static) libusb.a.
Currently configure is missing a --disable-shared option.

Indeed, an autotools expert is needed :-)

Thanks Enoch.