[avrdude-dev] [bug #40817] Elf file support (possibly) not working on 6.

From: Dennis Tricker
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #40817] Elf file support (possibly) not working on 6.0.1 windows build
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 15:08:47 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name: Dennis Tricker
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I've downloaded the latest avrdude windows build from
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releas ... ngw32.zip, but I am having
problems using the new elf file option.

When using the :e option
avrdude -c usbasp -p attiny85 -B 8 -vvv -u -U hfuse:w:USI.elf:e

I get

avrdude: reading input file "USI.elf"
avrdude: ERROR: Cannot open "USI.elf" as an ELF file: I/O error: raw read
avrdude: read from file 'USI.elf' failed

The file is definitely there but Avrdude cannot see it.

I've tried flash as well as fuses, using different names and paths and
different elf files with no success.

The 'I/O error: raw read' message seems to come from the libelf library and
looking for that on google seems to indicate it may be a problem with how the
windows exe was built
(http://compgroups.net/comp.sys.hp48/elf2hp-part-of-hpgcc-fails/453949)

Posted originally on Avrfreaks but no one has come forward to say 'works for
me on windows', so I think this may be a bug.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?40817>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/