[avrdude-dev] [bug #41857] avr109 atmega2564rfr2 erase timeout to short

From: Georg von Zengen
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #41857] avr109 atmega2564rfr2 erase timeout to short
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 07:00:23 +0000

Follow-up Comment #6, bug #41857 (project avrdude):

One of the problems with avr109 is that it has only a chip erase command which
only sends a reply when the memory is erased completely. That is why the
process bar of the erase command simply jumps to 100% immediately. I think
other programmers are responding in between.

Using some kind of extendet parameter to increase the timeout is hacky in my
opinion. Avrdude should support all AVRs with all Atmel Programmers (avr109 is
a app-note) with the "default" parameters.

My argument against setting the timeout to 10s is that in cases of errors the
time out for all commands is twice as long as it is now. Additionally The same
problem will appear again for AVRs with 2048 pages. By now there are no such
AVRs but using a solution where the next problem is foreseeable is not an
option. Especially if there is another solution without this problem which
does not have any side effects.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?41857>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/