Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom web site

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom web site
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 21:04:04 +0200

"Page, Bill" <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks, I think... but I keep hoping that it becomes a shared
> activity the way the designers of these through-the-web content
> management systems intended it to be. :) Maybe that is beginning
> to happen, but it is too soon to tell.

You probably noticed that I wasn't very active on Axiom recently and
that won't change in following months. But I do remember that at one
point in time, I'll have to contribute more concrete things than just a
few email comments. ;)

> First, the web site is really Tim Daly's web site. In fact so far
> he is funding the hosting of this site entirely out of his own
> pocket. This is a situation that I think should be resolved in a
> more equitable and "official" manner - perhaps through donations?

Perhaps Tim should have made more publicity on it. I wasn't aware of the
effort. Tim is probably more benevolent than dictator. :) And probably
adding a donation web page would be useful?

> Second, I am not sure what being a "reference web site" entails.

The first URL you should give is somebody is interested in Axiom.

> A few weeks ago I did add links to this site from the following
> page:
>
>   http://www.nongnu.org/axiom/community.html
>
> by updating the webcvs at Savannah.

Ok, very good idea.