Re: [Axiom-developer] LaTeX output

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] LaTeX output
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 05:11:30 -0800 (PST)

--- "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I did the same thing some time ago, and asked the list. I was told
> that there is a chance of re-introducing the Axiom interface to some
> closed-source Windows-only thing (don't remember its name), and
> because of this (remote) chance we cannot touch anything in Axiom's
> TeX generation.

Two questions, one comment.

Q1)  What is the current status of getting ahold of the Windows
interface (IIRC it was called TeXexplorer or somesuch?)

Q2)  If we can get ahold of it, would it be in source or binary form?

If it is in source form, surely it can be updated along with the TeX
generation itself to match up with modern standards.  Retaining old
style TeX is begging for trouble (or at least bug reports).  The only
reason to do it is if a) TeXexplorer becomes available and b) we have
no way to change it.  (IMHO if we can't update the interface there is
little point in it except as a temporary solution, but that's another
discussion.)

If all else fails, perhaps we can ask whoever has the rights to
TeXexplorer to alter it to call something like )set output explorer
instead of TeX.  Then we can put the old stuff there and update as we
like.

CY