Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [AxiomFoundation] publishing of "Axiom - The 3

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [AxiomFoundation] publishing of "Axiom - The 30 Year Horizon" at Lulu
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 12:22:54 -0800 (PST)

--- root <address@hidden> wrote:

> Bill,
>
> I read the ISBN section and it seems reasonable. Before we order one
> we should probably be sure we have a printable book worth buying.
>
> Some work needs to be applied to make the book "publication ready".
> I'll create a axiom--book--1 branch so we can work on it.
>
> We need to :
>  * know what format they accept
>  * look at how cover art
>  * work on an index
>  * work on chapter 8 (graphics)
>  * work on the algebra reference information

Exciting stuff!  I for one would probably be interested in buying a
copy of the book as opposed to printing one, and I agree an ISBN number
and the possibility of printing the book as a textbook seem like good
ideas.  When you say work on index, how much work is needed?  That's
one thing even TeX couldn't automate, and I've never figured out how to
tell when I'm done indexing something.

(Must get computer back on internet...  going insane... Axiom and
Maxima withdrawal... auugh. ;-)

CY