[Axiom-developer] summer of code

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] summer of code
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 17:40:37 -0500

Kai,

I've been on the road all week without internet access so I've been
unable to keep in contact.

The implementation should be a literate program. In some sense it is
more important that you document what you do than that you accomplish
the goals.  A key person who helped develop Axiom died this past week
which means, among other things, that he will no longer be able to
answer questions about his code.

If you use a TK-like front end it would be useful to create a design
document that lists the commands that it will accept and what each one
is intended to do. That will give the API for the lisp code. Since I
don't see whether you've chosen the TK path or the firefox path it is
not clear what the API might be. This might require some experimentation
to see what the front-end will do.

Other than that it looks fine.

Since this is open source development try to copy the mailing list
(address@hidden), which is archived, so we can keep a
record of the discussions and let the community join in. Part of
this effort is intended as a learning experience for you in the
ways of open source. You haven't really lived until you do something
stupid in public (like asking for "infinite floats" which have existed
since 1987). If you can program, have a clue, and are willing to work
you're among equals here.