Re: [Axiom-developer] AxiomUI code

From: Kai Kaminski
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] AxiomUI code
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:22:14 +0200

Martin,

thanks for the quick reply.

Martin Rubey <address@hidden> writes:

> clisp --version
> GNU CLISP 2.30 (released 2002-09-15) (built on klama.mandrake.org)
> Features:
> (CLOS LOOP COMPILER CLISP ANSI-CL COMMON-LISP LISP=CL INTERPRETER SOCKETS
>  GENERIC-STREAMS LOGICAL-PATHNAMES SCREEN FFI UNICODE BASE-CHAR=CHARACTER
> PC386
>  UNIX)

This is definitely a problem. The (somewhat related) ASDF-INSTALL
tutorial from Edi Weitz says the following:

Note: CLISP 2.32 cannot compile ASDF due to being not fully
ANSI-compliant. You can download a compiled version (which should work
with all operating systems supported by CLISP) from
http://weitz.de/files/asdf.fas. Newer versions (like 2.33.2) can
compile ASDF, though.

It should be enough to download that asdf.fas file from him and put it
in the same directory as run.sh, but since installing Clisp is really
easy I'd recommend that. Maybe your distribution offers newer
versions, too. The newest version is 2.34, but 2.33.2 should work as I
have used that myself in the past.

Thanks,
Kai