Re: [Axiom-developer] Terms of Surrender (was: BAD tim)

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Terms of Surrender (was: BAD tim)
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 06:41:51 -0500

Bill Page wrote:

> Am (marginally) happier. :)
>
> On November 6, 2005 10:50 AM Tim Daly wrote:
> >
> > intloop () ==
> >     mode := $intRestart
> >     while mode = $intRestart repeat
> >       resetStackLimits()
> >       mode := CATCH($intTopLevel,
> >             SpadInterpretStream(1, ["TIM", "DALY", "?"], true))
> >
> > Lisp:
> >
> > (defun intloop ()
> >   (do ((mode $intRestart))
> >       ((equal mode $intRestart))
> >    (resetStackInitials)
> >    (setq mode
> >     (catch $intTopLevel (SpadInterpretStream 1 '("TIM" "DALY"

If this is what you view as sugar coating, then why not write all Spad code in
Lisp?

But even if it is sugar coating, don't we all like sweets (especially dentists)?

I would prefer the Boot version over the Lisp version 100 to 1 (even though I
don't follow either -- something like "blame TIM DALY if something goes
wrong"?). Let the computer perform the translation for me. Put the Boot version
in the pamphlet!

William