Re: [Axiom-developer] apple port

From: Pierre Doucy
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] apple port
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 01:01:22 +0100

Hi Tim,

the list hasn't heard very much from me lately, but it seems I might
be able to work on a mac os port again the next few months. More info
on that later.

For now, here are some very nice pieces of software for mac os x:

1) Mac OS X dev tools, which are normally shipped with the os
2) fink (http://fink.sf.net) ports a lot of Unix OSS to mac os X
3) A good editor : textmate (www.macromates.com) is *very* nice,
although not free ; SubEthaEdit is cool too (www.codingmonkeys.de) ;
and so is the carbonized version of emacs
(http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/unix_open_source/carbonemacspackage.html).
You can also use XCode, but I don't think it understands Lisp.
4) I would also recommend voodoopad
(http://flyingmeat.com/voodoopad/). It's very much like a wiki, but on
your desktop. It pretty much replaces my brain.

That would be a good start.

Have fun with your new Mac !

Pierre