RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Problems compiling modified Spad file underdeb

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Problems compiling modified Spad file underdebian
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 12:48:05 -0500

This looks to me like the Debian build of Axiom is a little broken
(missing /usr/lib/axiom-20050901/autoload/postprop?). I recall an
email by Camm to this effect:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2005-11/msg00160.html

apparently you will need at least the -4 debian package update.

On November 23, 2005 11:50 AM Francois Maltey wrote:

> I try to compile my first axiom package and I get problems :
>
> Martin helps me and I install theses debian packages :
>
> dpkg -l | grep axiom
>
> ii  axiom                              20050901-3
> ii  axiom-databases                    20050901-3
> I try to compile again a spad file :
>
> cp /usr/share/axiom-20050901/src/algebra/manip.spad ~/Axiom/locallib
> cd ~/Axiom/locallib
> axiom -noht
>
> Then I try twice to compile the local manip.spad and get 2 errors :
> What is my mistake ?
>
> (1) -> )co manip
>    Compiling AXIOM source code from file manip.spad using old system
>       compiler.
>
>    >> System error:
>    Cannot open the file /usr/lib/axiom-20050901/autoload/postprop.
>
> (1) -> )co manip
>    Compiling AXIOM source code from file manip.spad using old system
>       compiler.
>
>    >> System error:
>    The function INITIALIZE-PREPARSE is undefined.

I can not reproduce this problem on the Axiom version of Windows
nor on the version of Axiom on axiom-developer.org built from
patch-45 on RedHat 9.