Re: [Axiom-developer] Developers and Axiom (was Re: typo in src/boot/Mak

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Developers and Axiom (was Re: typo in src/boot/Makefile.pamphlet)
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 18:33:58 +0200

Hello,

Unfortunately, I cannot do everything in zero time. Have you tried ALLPROSE. I want to integrate a variant of it (which is just the editing part) with Axiom, but I first have to figure out all this ARCH stuff.

So you must be a bit patient.

The basic idea is. You edit your files with two windows open. One is emacs and the other one is xdvi. Of course you edit your stuff in emacs where you would probably use mmm-mode (connected with aldor-mode, makefile-mode or whatever). Then you noweave and latex your stuff to show it in a prettyprinted form in xdvi (with many hyperlinks added). If you see in xdvi viewer a mistake, then (by using the inverse search facility of xdvi you jump immediately into the file in emacs (that works across file boundaries).

That's how I currently edit aldor files. And I hope I will some day be able to do it also for other files in Axiom.

But of course, some commands for emacs as Tim described are useful anyway.

Tim, is your way of editing somewhere on the wiki so that you simply could point other people to it?

We should have several such examples. I guess that would help new people to start working.

Ralf