RE: [Axiom-developer] [build-improvements] Requests for discussion

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] [build-improvements] Requests for discussion
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 23:48:48 -0400

Gaby,

On Tuesday, August 01, 2006 11:02 PM you wrote:
> I'm not a windows developer, so I'll leave the windows stuff
> to others (hi Bill).

The windows build uses MSYS/MingGW so there is not much
difference from the usual linux build process. All of the
standard developer tools work in (almost) the same way.

The only complication here about Axiom on windows is that the
patches to the original axiom--main--1 linux distribution made
nearly two years ago by Mike Thomas to create axiom--windows--1
have not yet been merged back into the main sources. This is
not such a big deal - but somebody has to do it ... :)

A new release of Axiom on windows is long over due. Is anyone
interested in taking on the task? I am available to help but
not to lead the effort. And of course there is a chance that
we might be able to get Mike involved again. :)