RE: [Axiom-developer] patches

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] patches
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:52:14 -0400

Gaby, Ralf,

On Thursday, August 10, 2006 4:41 PM Gaby wrote:

> Ralf Hemmecke writes:
>
> | I strongly opt for just ONE archive. The book project
> | should live in the src/doc directory of the Gold/Silver
> | sources. Otherwise we are speaking about Axiom sources
> | and exclude the Axiom book.
>
> I agree.  I'm a bit disappointed that we don't branch our
> experiements/works from a single "referential" source.

I agree too. As I explained in an earlier email, on Tuesday
I updated the 'bookvol1' and 'ComputerTutorial' pamphlets in
book--main--1 on the Axiom Wiki directly from the src/doc
directory of the Silver branch. Then I applied the patches
supplied by Frithjof Schulze. So now these files on the wiki
are ready for online editing. Later we will merge these back
to Silver and then from Silver to gold. Isn't that how it's
supposed to work?

Since I don't know the status of the tla archive, I am ignoring
it for now until Tim can say how it's contents relate to Gold
and Silver.