RE: [Axiom-developer] Issues with documentation revisions

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Issues with documentation revisions
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:50:05 -0400

On August 14, 2006 3:35 AM William Sit wrote:

> I updated http://Zwiki.org/NewAutodocPamphlet to use hyperref package
> and everything works fine there.

Nice. I would still like to know why LaTeX does strange things to
< and > in the raw.

> I then tried to copy it to [SandBox NewAutodocPamphlet] and parent
> it under [SandBoxPamphlet]. I get some problems when previewing.

There is a bug in the software that occurs if the page name contains
a space.

> Most of these were temporarily solved by avoiding any "http" in the
> text. The pdf file read fine and the links worked (subject to bad url
> because Website under \href does not get translated; the Zwiki site
> allows "http").

I have relaxed the restrictions on the use of http:// on the Axiom
Wiki. Now it is allowed following "...": (the way links are done
in Structured Text) and up to 5 bare occurrences of http://. So it
should now be possible to use http:// (almost) normally again.

> There are other problems as well, see  [SandBoxPamphlet].

I am not sure about the rendering of $hp$$pt:$. I think it is a
LaTeX artifact. But this sort of hack shouldn't be necessary any
more.

> However, after I actually saved it, the pamphlet is not processed
> correctly. I even tried to change the makefile section to give some
> new names like 'SandBox NewAutodocPamphlet.pamphlet' but that did
> not work either. It seems to be a mismatch of file names, or mixing
> up filenames with Tim's dhmatrix pamphlet file.
>
> I also tried reparenting it to [SandBox], the error messages were
> slightly different, but essentially the same processing problems.

These problem were all probably caused by the page name that
contained a space. I have removed the space and it seems ok now.

As I said above, I have relaxed the restriction on the use of http://

> Any help would be much appreciated. The solution probably requires a
> comparison between the setups at Zwiki (where things worked) and Axiom
> (where they did'nt).

Again the difference was caused just by the blank in the page name.
I will correct this bug in the near future.

> Many thanks,
>
> William
>

> PS: I'll be in Vancouver, Canada from Aug 15 to 21. So no need to fix
> this immediately.

Have a good trip!