Re: [Axiom-developer] Issues with documentation revisions

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Issues with documentation revisions
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 03:35:12 -0400

Bill:

I updated http://Zwiki.org/NewAutodocPamphlet to use hyperref package
and everything works fine there.

I then tried to copy it to [SandBox NewAutodocPamphlet] and parent it
under [SandBoxPamphlet]. I get some problems when previewing.
Most of these were temporarily solved by avoiding any "http" in the
text. The pdf file read fine and the links worked (subject to bad url
because Website under \href does not get translated; the Zwiki site
allows "http"). There are other problems as well, see [SandBoxPamphlet].

However, after I actually saved it, the pamphlet is not processed
correctly. I even tried to change the makefile section to give some new
names like 'SandBox NewAutodocPamphlet.pamphlet' but that did not work
either. It seems to be a mismatch of file names, or mixing up filenames
with Tim's dhmatrix pamphlet file.

I also tried reparenting it to [SandBox], the error messages were
slightly different, but essentially the same processing problems.

Most importantly, the idea of banning "http" does not work (unless more
code is added) when used with \usepackage{hyperref} if \href is used.
For info on hyperref, see
http://www.etdguide.org/content/3.2.4.2%20%20PDF%20from%20LaTeX.htm .

Any help would be much appreciated. The solution probably requires a
comparison between the setups at Zwiki (where things worked) and Axiom
(where they did'nt).

Many thanks,

William

PS: I'll be in Vancouver, Canada from Aug 15 to 21. So no need to fix
this immediately.