RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: Another question

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: Another question
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:43:54 -0400

Martin,

On August 21, 2006 4:01 AM you wrote:

> Bill Page writes:
> > As you know, pamphlet files on MathAction are treated a
> > little differently with only a "thumbnail" displayed on
> > the web page containing links to the pdf and dvi format
> > generated by LaTeX.  Originally we had planned to use
> > TeX4ht to produce a web page (or set of web pages) from
> > the pamphlet source but there turned out to be some
> > technical limitations. It is quite possible with some
> > additional effort these problems could be solved. If
> > you are interested about this possibility, please ask.
>
> Please note that Ralf's ALLPROSE does this already, also
> using tex4ht.

I am sorry Martin, but I don't understand. ALLPROSE does what
already? The problem referred to above is related to generating
HTML from Axiom pamphlet source that can be used on the Axiom
Wiki. Does Ralf have a version of ALLPROSE that can do that?
If so, could you add some example pages to wiki?

> In fact, I think it's high time to switch to ALLPROSE. As
> far as I know, the only bit missing is to make it talk to
> axiom instead of aldor, but that shouldn't be too difficult,
> Ralf?

:) I have read the ALLPROSE documentation but it is not at
all clear to me how this could be done. Perhaps you can
elaborate on this idea? I think that in a open source project
saying "that it shouldn't be too difficult" can only be
interpreted as a "taunt" (i.e. trying to force someone to do
something) or a promise to actually do something yourself. :)